We tinker, build and create technology in our Bangkok and Tokyo labs.
At Opn, we believe that by embracing digital transformation, businesses can build excellent products and create value for stakeholders.
With our expertise in strategy, operations, and digital and innovative technology, Opn helps businesses bring their ambitions to life. We put our clients ahead of the curve by enabling businesses and their customers to have personalized, frictionless, and connected experiences.
We are a team of passionate and talented individuals looking to make a mark in today’s ever-evolving digital landscape. We value accountability, creativity, curiosity, empathy and teamwork.
Our team is committed to ensuring client success and is looking for people to join us to take part in building global products with global players!
Why we need you
We are looking for an experienced Application Security Engineer to help us grow our Opn team. The Opn team will be based in Thailand and Japan, building Opn products which will be used by corporate clients around the world. These enterprise services and solutions will vary from project to project but will primarily revolve around eWallets, payment solutions, and platforms.
What you will be doing
- Contribute to the infrastructure, application and security teams at Opn
- Create services, tools and process to manage the security of our applications
- Perform regular security assessments of Opn’s platforms and software
- Identify and remediate weaknesses in our processes and procedures
- Configure systems to comply with industry best practices and hardening standards
- Prioritize, triage and remediate vulnerabilities and findings from system scans and bug bounty programs
- Perform formal manual penetration tests on web/mobile applications, etc.
- Perform research and development of cyber domain capabilities
- Source code reviews
- Review, maintain and apply web application firewall (WAF) rules
- Secure software development consulting
- Design and create new penetration tools and tests
- Work on improvements for security services, including the continuous enhancement of existing methodology material and supporting assets
What you have
- Passionate in Hacking
- Solid understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS
- Understands the principle of least privilege and the confidentiality, integrity, and availability triad and will work to enforce those concepts in our environment
- Experience with web application penetration testing
- Experience with mobile application penetration testing
- Experience with languages such as Go, Elixir, Ruby and Node.js
- Experience with secure coding practices and automating security checks in pipelines
- Comfortable working in and across cloud environments like AWS and GCP
- Comfortable with DevOps style tools like Terraform, Git, GitHub, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Link to a Github repo with security tools/scripts you’ve developed or help maintain
- Web development experience or open source vulnerability research
- Experience with system security hardening guidelines and SDLC principles
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- Opn was founded in 2020 and is part of SYNQA. We are currently 60 people strong.
- Operational headquarters are in Bangkok, with offices in Tokyo.
- SYNQA raised $80 million in Series C funding led by SCB 10X Co., Ltd. and SPARX Group Co., Ltd. (through its Mirai Creation Fund II). SYNQA’s other institutional investors include Toyota Financial Services Corporation (TFS), Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Corporation (ADI), Nomura Holdings, Global Brain, 31VENTURES by Mitsui Fudosan, Golden Gate Ventures and others.
Our story begins with the four qualities we stand for: practicality, productivity, utility, and efficiency. Under this conventional premise, Opn was born in 2020. The company is spearheaded by a team of problem solvers equipped with years of experience in the tech industry, and driven by their desire to resolve verified customer pain points that can be addressed through digital transformation.
What is digital transformation? For many, it’s a major technological leap filled with risks, barriers and behavioral resistance. At Opn, through our solutions, we demonstrate the bigger risks companies face from inaction, we dispel barriers, and we help businesses introduce change.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Opn embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.